RADIOMIR "Foudroyante"

I must admit that I am very surprised at the latest developments at Panerai. Especially the Radiomir line is growing at an astounding rate. With the introduction of the 8-day power reserve (with a Jaeger movement), the 8-day GMT (in-house) and recently this new 1/8 seconds chrono rattrapante. I don't know if I have gotten used to incredibly inflated prices but considering what is being offered here this Radiomir is almost a bargain. An 1/8 of a second foudroyante chrono rattrapante for that much money? You certainly don't see this everyday. The design is aggressive yet elegant enough to be mistaken for a classic. The rattrapante button at three o'clock, inside the crown, gives it certain touch that makes the whole thing an awesome watch. My only "but", it's an automatic. I would have loved to see this in a manual movement, I shiver at the thought.

The Radiomir is really becoming a force to be reckoned with. It really looks like Panerai are putting all the nice stuff inside the Radiomir first. Personally I am glad, the Radiomir certainly deserves it.

PRICE: 11,400 €

Panerai...

No comments: