The King is dead... long live the King!

... what in the name...!?! This is the new daVinci? Not sure about the shape... looks like old news to me. Doesn't this look like old news to you? You judge...


I see that somebody has been pecking at their neighbors... Patek will not be happy (this chrono is a bit to close to some of Patek's stuff for my taste), and somebody else I now is going to be right out pissed. That 12 hour 60 minutes chrono on the same axis was meant to see the light last year with another brand, but unfortunately due to some unexpected events and a blatant lack of efficiency it did not. Even though the project was delayed it would have been smarter to present it and claim first place, instead to have somebody rain on your parade. Somebody talked somewhere down the line...


I wonder who has the rights to the old Porsche Design IWC watches. They look much better than any of the stuff that IWC is coming out with lately. The Portuguese is an old geezer, the Pilot's are a remnant of the past, the Ingenieur is nothing new, the Portofino looks like many other watches out there and the Aquatimer is surely nothing that will turn heads. All that said, an IWC is a fantastic watch. I just feel that unless they hire some designing muscle they will soon be added to the list of "prestigious sinking ships". I am certain that with a little "something" IWC have the potential to grow way beyond their current status.


I must admit that I am relieved to see their chrono perpetual movement in the new lineup. You just can't get better value for a perpetual anywhere.

IWC...

No comments: