New Resource: "Hodinkee"

Vintage is becoming ever more popular. More and more serious watch aficionados are being diverted away from the "bling" to the historical pieces. Rolex was way ahead in this game but due to their unfortunate policy of not guaranteeing repairs on watches older than 25 years... well, how stupid can you be? If you are in this game but have little or no time to surf for interesting pieces than Hodinkee is your answer. The idea to surf the web and post the most interesting deals is surely a first. This is a great service. Obsessive deal surfers would not agree because this attracts unwanted attention on much coveted pieces. Too bad for them I guess.

This new "resource" is, so I am told, non-profit and from what I have been observing there is no self promoting involved. As with all free interesting services, at first there is great excitement. I hope that this will establish itself as a solid resource since they are the only ones that do this service for now (at least that I know of...). Personally I am a bit pessimistic. I see a lot of work and little pay, at least for now. Let's hope that these guys keep the same enthusiasm as the first day. Guys, hang in there, it would be too bad to loose this idea...


Hodinkee...

1 comment:

raphael too said...

hi dario, hope alls been well wif u. hodinkee also asked me to feature them on my blog but its a commercial concern so i passed. if it was not for profit i probably would have.
cheers
raph